Monday, December 2, 2013

FUCK YOU VAMPIRESTAT.COM AND TWITTER BOTS (It won't matter, your bots)







I wonder if I wrote a post dissing vampiresat, would they stop sending their spam bots to my blog? Or would the bots increase? The disappointment I felt when I found out my traffic sources were nothing but a spam site; I really thought I had a lot of readers and my blog was taking off somewhere; come to find out, it was nothing but inflated numbers. Oh silly me, no one to blame but myself. I’ll admit, I tried taking the easy way out, I tried to buy some twitter followers, not for my own  ego, only so I could  actually get a few more readers; so my traffic source wouldn’t say vampirestat.com. The few from twitter we’re real; this was before I started buying twitter followers. I was gullible, really not paying attention to twitter; I thought this was actual marketing, stuff that companies do all the time. Why in God’s name would I want 1,000 followers and 600 are fake accounts??

            Fuck social media, at least the drones. I have three followers on my blog, it shows one because he’s actually registered but the other two, they engage in conversation about post when I see them or they send me a message…for the most part, I get people who pass through, that’s cool, I’m ok with that, but the BOTS! I can’t stand these fucking zombie, sitting there, got me kicked off of infolinks.com because the computer spam site clicked to many times on my own links…which by the way a big FUCK you to infolinks.com as well. Funny, I was banned from their site because they told me, they basically said, “In the future, I should watch were my traffic source comes from.” I can’t control what sites my blog are entered in, remember the people who pass through and don’t say anything, can post my site anywhere. 



I guess saying fuck you to Infolinks is a tad harsh, once again it’s not their fault; I wish they just had a system to know when spam bots are clicking on my links not just band me, fuck it there’s a reason for everything…..back to this twitter thing. I know by me posting this could ruin any chance I had on  Twitter with any real followers leading back to my blog, and I don’t give a fuck; personally I don’t give a fuck because we all make mistakes, we all want better, we all want a dream life. If I could make it as only a writer, that would be my dream job; however it takes work and sometimes, you do what seems like an awesome alternative. I was raised somewhat conservative, I was taught the norm; be nice to people, believe in God, go to school,  get a good education, get a good job, find someone you love, have kids, live a good life but know there will be down moments and for the most part CHERISH AND LOVE LIFE. This economy said fuck everything you’re learned and left me to be a hack…


It’s forced me to take my values and solid background and change them into something else, it’s forced me to become this person I’m not sure of anymore…I’m competing with robots, people famous for nothing with zombie fans who give thumbs on FB for comments like. “I ate an apple today and it was good.” My topics are not the best and I choose not to change because this is me, Dean Martin and my present me is better than my past me and it will always be that way until I die. I compete with myself so much, other people think I’m competing with them, that’s how bad competing with me can become. Fuck fame if it means I have to become this fake celebrity, or fake person; I would rather get a job I don’t like making decent money then having the dream job and having to fake myself, censor myself, become a robot. 



Fuck fame because you’ve made my beautiful cousin sub-conscious of her body, you’ve made my beautiful daughter sub-conscious of her looks, this concernment with health is a good thing but this obsessed behavior of wanting to be skinny is a big no no…As my phone goes off letting me know I have another tweet, I feel it’s a constant reminder, the big, “you fucked up” every time I hear the Samsung whistle…Oh well, that’s life. Fake droids as “readers” is something I never asked for, however the fake followers is something I never asked for as well…more like something I purchased. At the end of the day, I guess I can only be mad at myself but learn from my mistakes and move on…mistake learned but before the day is over, I will say this, FUCK YOU VAMPIRESTAT.COM…my traffic may get shot down but I’m okay with that, it’s worth having 14 readers a day verse hundreds of readers that are bots with no brain…





22 comments:

  1. I feel your pain believe you me. They latched onto me along with a couple of others about five months ago and they won't go away.
    Google says they're aware of the problem but so nothing.
    How the hell does one get rid of referrer spam?
    They say don't click on the links and they will eventually go away but that doesn't work either.
    Vampirestat is now quickly becoming my No.1 hit source and that really pisses me off.
    I swear that if I ever find out who the person is that's responsible for Vampstat I will rip their head off and shit down their F>>>ing throats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what Warren, it wouldn't bother me as much if the spam was bringing me readers or if there were some point to it but they spam almost every blogger out there and we get sucked in....now I often wonder why Google doesn't do anything to stop it. I guess there's a reason for everything but this is REALLY ANNOYING! I think what really pissed me off was they went ham on my intext links and then infolinks banned me asking me to check my traffic sources...really? Do you really think I would submit, or willingly submit my blog to a spam site!?! Lol....Google owes us some readers for this shit. They should give everyone associated with blogger $300 dollars worth of free advertising just for having to deal with this spam. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why the hell would you pay for fake followers? If you want twitter followers there's loads written about it but it basically boils down to: Follow a shit load of people, about 10% will follow you back, rinse and repeat. Not difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know they were fake followers at the time. I thought it was target marketing because that's what the company said; false advertisement. I figured it out after I paid and they didn't ask for a demographics but it was too late. Either way, I came to the conclusion that building up slow and steady would be the best way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The funny thing about fake twitter followers: Most of the celebs on twitter have fake followers, however most of us following these celebs know of them on Twitter because of the fake Twitter followers. The problem: Twitter allows this and the fake accounts generate real people in your direction; hence why celebs or business's by these fake followers because in the long run, everyone ends up playing the game, "follow the leader"... those few days of getting some fake twitter followers I actually got real people in the process following as well...that was cool but I don't want all of these fake egg head accounts following me which is why I haven't done it since then.

    From a marketing stand point, its the oldest trick in the book and it makes sense on something like Twitter. However I prefer a few readers and followers vs a persona any day. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel your pain about that demonic VampireLeStat. At this very moment, the undead bot from hell is discharging its bowels onto my log with its latest nocturnal visit simply because I made a post within the last hour.

    The entity who runs the bot(s) seems to pick up a feed that shows when a new post is created and then schedules a visit shortly thereafter. It isn't always consistent but it's pretty close to it. Seems there's not much we can do about the fake traffic, especially if Google can't or doesn't care to block them. I guess we're stuck with the visits until we grow the level of traffic visiting our blogs enough to lose the vampire by raising the signal to noise ratio. Here's to increased blog traffic from real people.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dale I hope the last part of what you said is true ...lol....there's only one way to find out .I wonder if everyone part of blogger has vampire as their "reader?" One thing I have noticed since this post, the visits tappered off dramatically. I find it funny because they share my post seconds after I post it....not this post. =) there still lingering but, they've backed down a tad...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. L.A. Green, yeah, I noticed a drop off in the bot's traffic too. It still visits but is less aggressive in how many fake requests it sends. Hopefully the person who runs the bot eventually tires of supporting it but I'm not holding my breath.

      Delete
  8. lol...I'm won't hold my breathe either Dale. It's funny, I'm not really sure if it's the bots coming to my page that annoy me or if it was the sudden realization that info links banned me because of vampire stat. lol As you can see, the info links are back on my page but I'm worried these bots are going to lose their mind and click on the same link a thousand times! lol I could be wrong, I've been wrong about these things before. The traffic appears to be curving. Every time I come on now, vampire stats number is not as large; now to get rid of 7secret and adsensewatchdog...have you seen those pop up in your traffic yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. L.A., sorry for the really long delay in responding. Yep, I've seen 7Secret, adsensewatchdog and possibly a new alias of 13review has shown up in the last few days.

      Interestingly enough, I did some quick research on vampirestat and found a few strange details. In the Colorado business database registry, the chain of information shows that the company registered as the responsible party has had its business license withdrawn. I ended up writing two blog posts about what I found but probably the most interesting is that they are hosted by name.com and if I understand properly, name.com operates in Colorado. Perhaps it's a coincidence. Who knows.

      Delete
  9. It's all good Dale, life gets like that.. I wonder what there purpose is? Seeing as to the business license was suspended it must not be good...unless there intentions were misinterpreted...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I may be jumping the gun a little, but it seems that vampiestat is gone. At least on my site anyway. Knock on Formica.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's seems the same way on this side as well...but I notice they disappear every now and then and BAM! They come back...but I kind of hope they stay away. It's makes it difficult when your trying to see where your readers are coming from...I know this post had nothing to do with them backing off but since this post, I've noticed the traffic bots have dwindled since...I hope for something better for the both of us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I noticed that Vampirestat always showed up right after a new post. But I've done several posts and so far nothing. Here's to hope springing eternal.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WHEW! Same here my friend! My last few post have had some views but nothing like the spam bot views! lol...I'm really okay with that. =) Now, to get my traffic numbers up. lol. What are you doing for traffic?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just post as often as I can and try to keep it interesting. Another thing I do if you're trying to get followers is to try and follow sites that are similar to your own, they will often do in kind (though not always). Make sure to post the followers of your page along the side. I don't know what else I can say . Just keep plugging away. The numbers will eventually come.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I always post...I'm just in a difficult niche....well not really. I classify this blog under short stories to some extent....

    ReplyDelete
  16. L.A., Like both you and Warren, I've tried to figure out the secret handshake for getting traffic flow to the blog. Even with regular posting intervals using original content about a consistent subject doesn't seem to work. During the last year, I posted on average once per day but only picked up one follower who turned out to be the only person who reads (or comments on) the blog consistently. Commenting or following other blogs doesn't seem to help either because a lot of bloggers tend to simply respond to comments by saying "Thanks for the comment," or "Follow me on Facebook please" without even bothering to going to see what my blog might contain.

    Some say you need interesting and focused content. Good advice but it doesn't necessarily mean it will make any difference. I almost exclusively talk about art related topics. The only post that gets any traffic are instructions for how I built a light box but people don't look at any of the other content. For that matter, most don't even comment.

    I ended up throwing in the towel on my blog the other day because the editing framework kept crashing my browser and even losing the drafts I'd saved. After five years, more than 650 posts and 10 followers to show with the stats showing I only have one person actually following, it just isn't a good return on time investment for me. Hopefully you two have better luck.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm just saying what I do and did, and for a small model building blog (now at 1,130,000 hits) I think I'm doing OK for what it is.
    I'll say again, just keep plugging away and don't get discouraged.
    I think lots of pictures help as well.
    When I started it took me a month to get to 1000.
    Just remember more than anything do it for yourself first.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Devised a technique to get rid off these bots completely and it worked for me lol. Not a single visit for the past 5 months

    http://www.digitallyblind.com/2013/07/how-to-control-visits-from-referring.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. You know your projects stand out of the herd. There is something special about them. It seems to me all of them are really brilliant! social media marketing

    ReplyDelete