Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Humble pie

Why are
you serving
me a slice of
this shitty pie?
like I don't  have
enough things
in my life to
keep me grounded
like I don't read
enough to
keep me rounded,
like I don't
have mirrors
in front of
me, like I
haven't realized
my mistakes, I
can't forget
its the reason
for my position
today, its
a constant
reminder, but
I'll take the slice
because pain
is a part of life,
its growth, success
in disguise because
happiness won't
fly the skies, just
ask United...I
guess its best
if we're divided...

I've been
drinkin and
thinkin, contem-
plating, debating,
that humble pie
is good for
relations and stuff
alike, its a reminder
on quiet nights, when
the beds cold and the
nights warm, when
the worlds back is
to you, when life
is yelling screw
you, when people
are seeing through
you, its a reminder
of who you or what
you, when you, all
past tense who
you were, what you're
not, where people leave
you incase you forgot
when you soar who
you left sore it
all comes charging
at you like a
wild bore, sweating
arogance out your
pours until
your rich in
character and
your bank account is
 poor...

Humble pie....

At 25
you're
tasting
it...

Early 20s
you don't
understand it...

No comments:

Post a Comment