So this post is for those of you who have stuck to their New Year resolution and for those who have decided they want to make a change in their diet and also for those who may not even know where to begin with dieting. I’m going to give you a small list of some foods that have been trending this year and some foods I think are pretty good for you and powerful for your health. Let’s kick this list off. Starting with,
1. Black Rice- Black rice, aka “forbidden rice” is a power house of nutrition. For the longest, brown rice has been known to be the rice to turn to if you are diabetic or just trying to watch your weight. This year, Black rice is going to triumph brown rice. Black rice has antioxidants that are found in blue berries, grapes and acai. These antioxidants have been linked to a decreased risk of heart disease and cancer, and also improvements in memory. So if you’ve been finding yourself sticking your keys in the freezer and trying to balance your ice trays on the door knob, you might want to pick up some black rice. It’s fairly new but check out markets like Trader Joes, any Asian markets, or health food stores; major retailer aren’t on to the trend yet.
2. Quinoa- This ancient grain is something you don’t want to skip out on. It’s high in fiber, it contains Iron, Lysine which can be good for the Libido and for better erections, as a matter of fact, this ingredient is found in some of the sex pills they sell, you know, the one’s that scream “Rock hard erections in matter of seconds” yeah lysine is found in those, and even better, in your food. Quinoa also is packed with magnesium and vitamin B2. So skip your multivitamin and Viagra, you’ll have a better bowl movement (men and women) and a more natural erection (men and maybe some women as well…you never know.)
3. Kombucha- made from sweeten tea that’s been fermented, this tea packs a punch in your health. The first time I had this tea, I had a buzz like feeling going which is kind of strange because Kombucha is a detox. It’s also good for joint care, it aids in digestion and health, and it also boost your immune system. I’m not going to lie, the tea has a VERY strong vinegar taste but after a while you begin to warm up to the taste. There is no after taste and it leaves you feeling really complacent after you drink it, trust me when I say complacent. I live in Los Angeles, the traffic capital and I drank one during traffic and felt a little better.
4. Swai or Tilapia- Swai or Tilapia is an excellent source of protein. Both of these fish serve up a whopping 23 grams of protein and they both are less than 110 calories. It’s a good fish for those who don’t like the fishy taste which makes it easy to cook. Tilapia or Swai can be marinated in almost anything; you can either cook it on the stove top or in the oven. If you like to grill, I highly suggest you keep this fish away from the grill. It’s a really flakey fishy and it might fall apart and get stuck to your foil.
5. Seaweed- Yes the slimy stuff that you think is a shark when you’re in the ocean is actually really good for your health. What makes it so good for your health? It’s packed with the unusual vitamins and minerals you don’t get from land vegetables. For example, Seaweed is packed with Iodine. Most of the land foods we eat don’t really contain this nutrient that boost brain health and helps with the thyroid. Seaweed has a nice 30 calories which is perfect for a snack or in aid in your meal. This is one of my favorite vegetables and sometimes I’ll have the veggie version of the surf and turf. I’ll make some stir fry veggies and throw some seaweed in the mix. It’s a little fishy tasting by itself, but amongst other veggies, it gets drowned out.
So this completes my list of some health foods you may want to try. Please check with your doctor before consuming these foods. Certain foods like seaweed actually helps with thinning of the blood so if you’re taking medications, this may counter act with that and that’s bad. I tired most of these foods without checking with my doctor but I’m a tad more daring and I’m a firm believer that food is our medication. So even though I joke saying throw out your Viagra and vitamins, DO NOT do that. Lol. If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I’ll try to help you to the best of my ability. I hope you enjoyed this review. Now go get that beach body and start feeling sexy. =) Also feel free to roam around “No Title” this isn’t my usual style of posting but that’s why it’s called “No Title” It’s random.