Thursday, November 13, 2014

Black Eyed Peas Joints And Jam TBT

For today's TBT I present to you, the Black Eyed Peas Joints and Jam. It's not the best video as in quality, this was the only one I could find on You Tube that was clear, but this is pretty much the video. The video itself looked like it was fun to make. This song Joints and Jam was Black Eyed peas debut song, off their first studio album Behind the Front which was released in 1998. When the group started, they originally didn't have Fergie, a lot of hip-hop heads were sort of mad when Fergie joined in and they thought that Black eyed peas sold out. In my opinion, lyrically they were still bringing heat, they were still making hip-hop but appealing to a wider audience. I understand, Fergie bought in more of a pop element, but her pop element meeting real hip-hop worked. I mean, just because I'm partying doesn't mean I don't mind hearing a rapper still spit some dope lines, just nothing to heavy; that's where Fergie lightens up their music a bit. Black eyed peas was never a dark group but Hip-Hop can have a dark undertone which is why most hardcore hip-hop artist won't get radio spin or club spin. Well anyways, for today's TBT I present to you Joints and Jam by the Black Eyed Peas. Thank you for stopping by "No Title" the random blog. Feel free to roam around and check out some other writes, feel free to subscribe or if not, if you can please, click on those green links, that's how some of us bloggers get paid. Thank you and have a nice day. =)
(Video found on You Tube)

No comments:

Post a Comment